Our main focus is on improving academic manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals; a final stage in this process is proofreading. At the Editingzoo, proofreading is a final stage of the editing process and occurs after two full rounds of editing. Manuscripts can be proofread at any stage of the submission and review process, and if the edited article is rejected on linguistic grounds, you will be offered a free rapid revision – this is our satisfaction guarantee. If your work is at a very advanced stage and requires only minimal revisions, we can offer a special proofreading-only service at half the cost of a full edit; please email to confirm that your work is suitable.
Alongside manuscripts, we can write, edit, and proofread many other types of scientific texts, including:
- Grant applications
- Cover letters for manuscript submission
- Promotional texts, such as press releases and blog articles
- Student theses/dissertations
- Applications for employment and University courses
- Technical texts and protocols
- Text for printed and online publications such as textbooks and other educational materials
And much more! Simply email for an informal chat about other possibilities.
This text below explains the typical proofreading process for the editing of a scientific article, but please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have a query regarding other types of work.
How does the Proofreading and Editing service work?
The service is very simple and operates mostly by email, a typical transaction would be:
- You submit a completed enquiry form, along with your manuscript via email to ms.amymacleod@gmailcom
- You will receive within an invoice for the work which includes a quote for the costs and confirmation that the article can be returned within your requested time frame.
- Should you decide that you wish to use the service, then you print, sign, scan and return the contract by email. You will receive a receipt of your order within 24 hours (usually far less), and a date by which you can expect the edited version to be delivered
- The edited version of the manuscript will be delivered by email in two versions:
- The “edited_tracked” version, where all changes can be clearly seen in the review function of word
- The “edited_clean” version, where all changes are accepted but comments remain
- The invoice, which is delivered along with the edited manuscript, must be paid within 14 days of completion of the order. Payment is to be made by bank transfer.
Ready to get edited? Download the enquiry form (word document) and send it together with your manuscript to email@example.com