Our main focus is the editing of Scientific manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals; these can be edited at any stage of the submission and review process. At the Editingzoo, every manuscript undergoes three rounds of editing and proofreading before it is returned to you. If the edited article is then rejected by the journal on linguistic grounds, you will be offered a free rapid revision – this is our satisfaction guarantee.
Alongside manuscripts, we can write, edit, and proofread many other types of scientific texts, including:
- Grant applications
- Cover letters for manuscript submission
- Promotional texts, such as press releases and blog articles
- Student theses/dissertations
- Applications for employment and University courses
- Technical texts and protocols
- Text for printed and online publications such as textbooks and other educational materials
And much more! Simply email for an informal chat about other possibilities.
This page explains the typical process for the editing of a scientific article, but please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have a query regarding other types of work.
How does the academic editing process work?
The academic editing service is very simple and operates mostly by email, a typical transaction would be:
- You submit a completed enquiry form, along with your manuscript, via email to email@example.com
- You will receive within an invoice for the work which includes a quote for the costs and confirmation that the article can be returned within your requested time frame.
- Should you decide that you wish to use the service, then you print, sign, scan and return the contract by email. You will receive a receipt of your order within 24 hours (usually far less), and a date by which you can expect the edited version to be delivered
- The edited version of the manuscript will be delivered by email in two versions:
- The “edited_tracked” version, where all changes can be clearly seen in the review function of word
- The “edited_clean” version, where all changes are accepted but comments remain
- The invoice, which is delivered along with the edited manuscript, must be paid within 14 days of completion of the order. Payment is to be made by bank transfer.